Gem was a perfect tool for small workshops: easy to understand for a beginner and fun.
It's now very outdated and have many consistencies problems on various plateforms (fullscreen, key codes pb, camera, media etc...).
So I need a good visual tool for my next pd workshop and Ofelia is the perfect library... but it's also a bit difficult for beginners / fast prototyping because :
- Too many objects for fast prototyping
- Sometimes long object names with uppercases etc
- help files lead to OpenFrameworks documentation
So I made a few abstractions in order to think of a kind of "Gem" replacement.
Main ideas are:
- Modular single blocs primitives like Gem, with many methods and arguments + their help file.
- Allows to draw and see something on screen even with unfilled arguments (and expandable default arguments)
- Remove all dependencies but Ofelia (no need for more dependencies with this lib)
Here is a first test... I am learning Lua at the same time so it's a bit experimental.
Somebody have good hints to share? Best lua / Openframeworks practise?
(of course the only lib needed is Ofelia)