ok this is so very, very strange. @Balwyn - i had a functioning system, then loaded a wavefile into an array and tried to use that with the "click on fader and array opens and you can edit it" and it just all broke.
so, now, for some reason, no matter what is in the original, say,
[plom$1] array, gets overwritten by whatever happens to be in the
[$0-plom-edit] array. i've tried to send an array get + set to it, but for all intents and purposes, nothing is happening anymore.
so each abstraction has a
$1 defining what the number is (plom1...plom16) , and the
s $1-id is also used for the metronome starts and stops, since that was in your script
not sure what's going on anymore i think i went too far and went astray when loading a non-puredata-sampled wavefile in and thinking it'd work, it just resulted in the plom array changing from
65536 to smaller than that, but upon saving the array at 65536, the whole "copy to $0-plom-edit" stopped working. for no apparent real reason.