-
porres
posted in technical issues • read moreAnd PlugData also makes the best job keeping up with the latest Vanilla
-
porres
posted in technical issues • read moreJust use Vanilla people
I don't see forks giving you much more, besides PlugData of course, which does load Pd as a plug in (besides working hard on the GUI). -
porres
posted in technical issues • read morethat's more alive and kicking, but also no external compatibility and lagging behind some libraries (though I hope they're finally updating cyclone)
-
porres
posted in technical issues • read morewell, Pd 0.57 is coming out and [receive] now has an inlet, and there's a [list foreach] for iteration
-
porres
posted in technical issues • read morepurr data doesn't take Pd externals, just what they ship... and it's outdated and not paired/compatible to current vanilla
-
-
-
porres
posted in technical issues • read morenot sure what you need, but I could look into and add one to ELSE
-
-
porres
posted in technical issues • read moreno, like I said, i guess there's no limit
does that bother you? do you think it should have? -
porres
posted in technical issues • read more@jameslo said:
Is there a maximum size for the impulse response table for [else/conv~]? I loaded a 30s one and got no warnings.
I guess not

if you change the table, the object needs to be reinitalized so it reloads the table. Maybe I could add that to the documentation or add a 'reload' message. Please open an issue/request on github
-
porres
posted in news • read more"To Pd-announce:
Pd version 0.56-3 is available from https://msp.ucsd.edu/software.htm
or (source only) via github: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-dataThis fixes some problems in 0.56-2. Changes are summarized in release notes: https://msp.ucsd.edu/Pd_documentation/5.current.status.htm#s5.1
cheers
Miller"
Release notes:
Fixed broken "keyup" object (IOhannes).
Improvements to window titles and IEM GUI settings (IOhannes).
Ben Wesch improved updating the Pd colors without recreating windows.
Documentation updates (Alexandre).
Fixed a situation in which Pd hangs when failing to connect to jack device in linux.
Updates to the "deken" ("find externals") mechanism.
Many other bug fixes.
-
porres
posted in patch~ • read more@ddw_music said:
Come to think of it... why does else/sfz~ truncate note numbers? You're not bound by the limits of the MIDI protocol; why not fully support fractional note numbers?
that is a good request. Open an issue?
-
porres
posted in patch~ • read moreI didn't look at that patch, all I am saying is that I think it's important to have audio signals triggering the object. If you just want to use MIDI, you don;t really need it, but my library is fully sample rate accurate, like a modular environment. I wouldn't know how to do that with Vanilla, seems impossible or dreadfully hard/crazy with all my features.
The [slop~] object is sample rate accurate though.
-
porres
posted in patch~ • read more@JuanMadrid said:
And you are right, to develope the ADSR with vline was complicated foir me. I spent several hours,
and for me it's important that the gate value is an audio signal and that simply can't be done with [vline~]. A proper envelope should also be able to be retrigerred while the gate is on. When I added yet even more features like I did, it simply gets impossible to be done with Vanilla.


