• soapdodger

    I'm building a music player that uses readsf~ many of the files have spaces in the names and readsf~ will not open a file with spaces in the filename.

    Previously I was using soundfiler and tabplay~ this combination had no problem with the spaces but would not play very long files in their entirety. I tried the maxsize command but still was unable to play all of a 20min file.

    The names of my audio files are displayed on a screen. Replacing the spaces with underscores works but is ugly. It also requires the renaming of all the files.

    is it possible to swap one character with another within puredata?

    I presume the only other way is to create a list of track titles and use that for my display, However I'd like to avoid hardcoding this.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    I'm using extended for this project so [tab_max_index] worked, after I realised I needed to ad the array as an argument.


    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    This seems simple but has got me scratching my head!

    I have a music player patch, there are 200 tracks on the player and I want to find the most popular.

    I'm listing the amount of times played in an array, how can I find the most commonly played entry?

    Finding the highest number is easy but how do I relate that to a specific index?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    @acreil said:

    creasingly detuned over time, so this limits the maximum modulation amount versus decay time. So if the goal is to be "lush" sounding, it's possibly better to keep modulated delays out of the main recirculating part.

    great sound, thanks!

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    I'd love to try the reverb282 patch but cant get anything out of it, can someone post a patch with it connected to audio input and output?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    I did it with netsend

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    I want to send OSC messages from a droidparty patch to computer over a wifi connection. I need to use udpsend or sendOSC to transmit the messages but neither are included in Pd Vannilla/libpd that drodparty uses.

    How can I add these objects to droidparty? or is there another way of getting an OSC message out of droidparty?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    I'm compiling pd-extended for my odroid-u3 as it isnt on the repo yet.

    Ive downloaded all the source files and followed the instuctions in "the full approach" here:


    when I run the command: "make install && make package" I get the following error

    config.status: creating src/Gem/Makefile
    config.status: error: cannot find input file: `src/Utils/Makefile.in'
    make[2]: *** [/home/odroid/Downloads/pd-extended/externals/Gem/Gem.pd_linux] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/odroid/Downloads/pd-extended/externals'
    make[1]: *** [externals_install] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/odroid/Downloads/pd-extended/packages'
    make: *** [install] Error 2

    I presume this because there is something wrong with this command from "the full approach"?

    Symlink Gem to pd-svn/Gem and pd-svn/externals/Gem

    ln -s ../gem.git Gem
    cd externals
    ln -s ../../gem.git Gem

    posted in technical issues read more
  • soapdodger

    This is a kind of quantised 6 channel theremin instrument I thought you may be interested in:


    This a test rig for an installation I’m planning. It comprises of a Raspberry PI running Raspbian and Pd-Extended. This is connected to an array of 6 proximity sensors via an Arduino with the Firmata firmware.
    The Puredata patch allows you to chose or create scales, select tempo, note ranges and transposition. Sound is produced by 6 channels of Karplus Strong string models with delay. The built in RPI sound output is used.
    The Raspberry is oveclocked to 1ghz, CPU usage is around 75%

    click through to see the vid


    posted in output~ read more

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!