• LucienR

    Hi,
    I couldn't find any examples of PD implementation of the drum synthesis algorithm described here https://users.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus/papers/digitar.pdf . I guess it requires working at the sample scale, maybe using zexy/z~ ? How would you implement this blend factor?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • LucienR

    Thanks a lot for listening!
    Yes, the title is derived from Roubaud's book!

    posted in output~ read more
  • LucienR

    Hi guys, here is my new solo project. Interaction between synthesis sounds (karplus strong) and piezo feedback. The feedback sounds are actually produced via fft cross synthesis between the feedback itself and the synthesis sounds. The idea is to create an "organic" quality from synthesis sounds. I'll be touring with this project, contact me if you're interested!

    https://archive.org/details/LeGrandIncendieDeLondres5

    posted in output~ read more
  • LucienR

    @jameslo have you ever noticed this with any other device? I've decided to drop the nanokontrol and look for something similar, but i wonder if i might encounter the same issue, or if it's really related to the nanokontrol.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • LucienR

    I have the same issue, with a nanokontrol 2, pd vanilla on osx. I don't know how to solve this. Have you ever noticed this with another midi device?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • LucienR

    My first try with Karplus-Strong synthesis on Pure Data. Two identical synthesizers, with 8 variable parameters each, controlled with a MIDI device. It sounds like there is some kind of reverb, but there is none.

    posted in output~ read more
  • LucienR

    Hi,
    I have the following issue : Midi stops working when Midi messages are received by PD at a high rate (for instance, if i move several sliders or knobs very fast). Pd doesn't crash, but objects like [ctlin] stop working, and start working again if go to my MIDI settings and select my device again. It happens with various Midi devices.
    Any ideas?
    PD 0.48-1 on osx, MIDI via usb.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • LucienR

    I'm having issues with the audio settings. First thing I noticed a while ago is that I couldn't save my settings. I don't remember when it started, maybe when 0.47 was released. It's a bit tedious as I have to set my sound card every time I launch PD, but I got used to it. Then a few days ago I noticed PD crashes when I try to change the block size (only 64 and 128 work). And today, as I receive MIDI data from a Bela board over usb, I noticed that I sometimes don't receive the MIDI messages (I know they are correctly sent), and things get back to normal when I open my MIDI settings. I don't know if these issues are related... and I'm also wondering if it might be related to this issue I posted yesterday :
    https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/11282/pd-crashes-with-osc

    I'm having an increasing number of problems of this kind, could it be related to my aging mac (osx 10.7.5) ?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • LucienR

    I know for sure my patch is not at fault : it happens with a single stream of osc messages, with a patch containing only one abject, either [netreceive] or [udpreceive]. Anyway, for now i guess i'm going to use MIDI...

    posted in technical issues read more
  • LucienR

    Thanks for your answer David. Yes I've used this soundcard for years with PD, it works very well. Actually, in an attempt to solve this problem I tried to change the block size from the audio settings, and I realized pd crashes when I do so, only 64 and 128 work. [block~] works normally. I've been told on the bela forum that the problem might be the high frequency of the osc messages (bela's default block size is 16, i.e. about 3000 osc messages per second). The only thing that works for now is to set bela's block size to its maximum, 128. I've also noticed that the cpu load remains very low, even when PD starts to go wrong...

    posted in technical issues read more

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!