I'm using my computer (which is 800Mhz) in pretty intensive way for audio only, and i couldn't manage to load audio in tables without glitches while playing other samples. It seems like the [soundfiler] sucks every bit of my cpu out when it's working.
I also noticed that i didn't need the loading to be instantaneous (for most purposes), and i use only few seconds sound bites...
So i came up with a patch to fill a table using [readsf~] and then resize that table according to the soundbite's length, it (the patch) also outputs the soundbite's name.
It's working quite well for me.
Corrections, Comments, improvements, are welcome