here are some excerpts from a live session with violin; sampled, processed, shredded within PD:
PD live sampling session with violin
@Hymnosiac I like it very much! Would you mind to talk about your patch when you have time?
- How do you control the patch (foot pedal, midi, osc, arduino?)
- How do you loop (are you using alfaloop, custom solution (do you cross-fade in-out so no glitch)
- Are you using presets - state saving (if yes what solution?)
- Do you sync your tempo (midi synch, or jack (linux))
- Do you quantize your loop
- What you FX rack solution
Thanks for sharing,
@EEight thank you! glad you like it!
Sure, let's talk about it. Though I am still a rookie with PD.
A lot comes from this tutorial: http://www.pd-tutorial.com and messing around with stuff.
At this session I controlled the patch with the computer directly. Otherwise just standard midi controller ( akai LPD8, Keith McMillen 12 step when playing guitar).
I don't use alfaloop. I use a basic looper with phasor > tabread4~ and a one shot sample player. I added stuff for transposing and a fwd./ reverse switch, multiply it many, many times. And I put volume ramps with line~ almost everywhere, to get it as clean as possible. SamplePlayer.pd
I have a state/saving solution using a textile: Save-Load-Presets.pd
My Fxs: mainly experimental vd~ stuff. Again, a lot of messing around.
Hope, this answers your questions.