I have this problem with the audio of my computer.
When i start pd-extended the audio seems to be only working for pd. If I am playing music from my harddrive or from youtube it just stop until I close pd.
I use Elementary OS Luna (based in ubuntu 12.04) and install pd from the official repositories(http://puredata.info/docs/faq/debian)
I've alredy googled the issue but i could find anything.
Anyone? I would appreciate the help.
My problem: when i try to load a patch with the command "pd-extended -nogui -open /home/pi/test.pd" the console send me a message saying "ALSA input error (snd_pcm_open): Device or resource busy" and "ALSA output error (snd_pcm_open): Device or resource busy"
But, when I use the command "pd-extended -open /home/pi/test.pd"(without -nogui) everything works fine.
Note: the error "ALSA input error (snd_pcm_open): Device or resource busy" and "ALSA output error (snd_pcm_open): Device or resource busy" also occurs when I choose the default audio card of the Raspberry PI but not when I choose a generic USB audio card all this with GUI of course.
System: Raspberry PI with 2013-12-20-wheezy-raspbian
I appreciate any ideas. Thanks.
Hi im reading miller's book, and i want to know the answers of the exercise to compare with my results. if someone was kind enough to respond I would be grateful.
1. A sinusoid (Page 1) has initial phase φ = 0 and angular frequency ω =
π/10. What is its period in samples? What is the phase at sample number
n = 10?
2. Two sinusoids have periods of 20 and 30 samples, respectively. What is
the period of the sum of the two?
3. If 0 dB corresponds to an amplitude of 1, how many dB corresponds to
amplitudes of 1.5, 2, 3, and 5?
4. Two uncorrelated signals of RMS amplitude 3 and 4 are added; what’s
the RMS amplitude of the sum?
5. How many uncorrelated signals, all of equal amplitude, would you have to
add to get a signal that is 9 dB greater in amplitude?
6. What is the angular frequency of middle C at 44100 samples per second?
7. Two sinusoids play at middle C (MIDI 60) and the neighboring C sharp
(MIDI 61). What is the difference, in Hertz, between their frequencies?
8. How many cents is the interval between the seventh and the eighth har-
monic of a periodic signal?
9. If an audio signal x[n], n = 0, ..., N − 1 has peak amplitude 1, what is the
minimum possible RMS amplitude? What is the maximum possible?