• liamorourke

    Hi, I'm trying to use LADSPA plugins in my patch with [plugins~] which I have installed through /help/find externals/
    I have the plugin: L/C/R Delay loaded correctly using [plugin~ lcrDelay] and it is showing as loaded in the print window. Now i'm wondering how to interface with the parameters of the delay. From what I can see so far I use number and message box chains on the first inlet stating the value (first) and then the parameter name (second). is this correct? Also.. how do I find a list of the correct parameter names and their corresponding value ranges for each plugin?
    Thank you
    the setup I'm trying looks like this: -

    [ \ <- parameter value
    |
    [mix] <- example of parameter name
    |
    [plungin~ lcrDelay] <-LADSPA object

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    It's annoying because I've seen posts where people have it running perfectly so it must work. I emailed the guy that apparently wrote the external (Thomas Grill) but he messaged back saying he did not have time to help me as he was on vacation. Ahh well... If I get it working i'll post the instructions here for you anyway mate.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    you need a third party application which acts as a MIDI patch bay. I use loopMIDI (which is free and simple to use) for communicating from pd to ableton. I should imagine it would work the opposite way just fine. Then... it would be either a [notein] object (for midi notes) or a [ctlin] object (for CC values) which you would need to open in pd. If you are sending to a bang you would want [notein] but you would also want a [stripnote] object after the [notein] which removes the note-off value (without this you would get two bangs every time).

    Important: make sure you open loopMIDI or whatever MIDI patch application you choose to use before you open Ableton and PD. Think of it like a hardware MIDI interface. If you open your DAW and then open the device it won't show up in the MIDI settings menu. It needs to be the first thing open.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    okay i just tried that. and it has worked perfectly. Thank you very much. Probably a good idea if i spend an hour or two reading up on compiling software now. ANyway... thanks again

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    thanks a lot. Do I just place them into the appdata/roaming/pd folder then? Sorry I'm a bit new to this.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    Not as far as I know. how do i do that?

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    it's pd_extended and this is the github page: https://github.com/metabr/pure-data/tree/master/extra/bob~

    I downloaded the master folder which contained all of the files contained on the github page. I then placed them in C:/users/me/appdata/roaming (on windows 7). I dont know if this is how i should have done it but I do know that this approach worked when installing the vst~ external a while ago so im assuming it should be the same here.... only it's obviously not is it seeing as it hasn't worked.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    it looks like a completely different application. It kinda looks a bit like synthmaker actually.

    posted in technical issues read more
  • liamorourke

    great... thank you very much :)

    posted in technical issues read more

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!