• gmoon

    I can verify --

    testcamo2.png

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    @jyg OK, fixed my Camomile -> VST problem.

    The build process doesn't put the vst shared obj file into the folder with the resources. The Camomile docs say to copy the vst build folder to the vst path (I use ~/.vst), but the object file isn't in that folder; it's in the build parent folder. The docs also show the vst as a .lib file, but that's not quite right...

    I was assuming the file structure should be copied to ~/.vst, as-is. But instead I copied the .so into the resource folder and that into ~/.vst. Success !

    So your VST example "TestCamomile0.0.7" works fine -- I broke it, trying to replicate the build structure I see here. :expressionless:

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    @EEight I dunno. Some plugins don't play well with others. Ardour, for instance, blacklists several plugins on my system for a variety of reasons (buffer size, etc). Have you tried a different plugin host (like Carla)?

    Edit: But yes, vstplugin~ is for native plugins.

    I've got 319 VST2 native plugins on my system, all installed via repositories. None of those use emulation.

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    @jyg I can live with LV2, but it would be very cool have the ability to cross-compile to other OSs, for sure. So I don't know if my VST issues are related to the header files, to JUCE or just to a mis-step somewhere in the process.

    Thank you for your efforts -- no disrespect to Mr Guillot (who deserves massive cred), but haven't been any new releases for a while. And that may not be significant at all (but several PD related projects have gone fallow the last couple years)...

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    @EEight I haven't tried it, but there is pd-lv2plugin, which should do what [plugin~] does, but for LV2:
    https://bitbucket.org/agraef/pd-lv2plugin/src/master/

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    Yeah, thanks -- it looks like my system isn't setup to compile VSTs correctly. Before I moved to Debian I was using Ubuntu Studio, and was never able to compile Camomile correctly there, but the 0.0.6 binary files (basically the contents of the Plugins folder) were available instead -- and that install does fine with LV2 plugins.

    When I looked at the vst files from my own plugins, they also show "plugin not valid" on load (but they don't crash anything).

    So I removed the .so file from your zip (and the bkgnd image ref), generated an LV2 and that works fine in Carla:

    testcamo1.png

    So yeah! Most of the features in vanilla work really well in Camomile, including those display hooks. Actually, one of the first plugins I wrote was to simply package the "extra" reverb patch, [rev3~] :

    camoRev3.png

    One more thing -- thanks to your git fork (and the more detailed instructions in Pierre Guillot's 0.0.7 src), I was able to compile Camomile and all the submodules correctly today. VSTs still won't compile, but I feel much farther along!

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    Camomile is great, and any new development is encouraging.

    I put your .so file in my local folder and both Carla and Ardour load the vst plugin successfully, but the plugin display only shows "Plugin Not Valid".

    Does your fork use different dependencies? I'm using Debian 10 w/the KXStudio repositories...

    posted in libpd / webpd read more
  • gmoon

    When [write ...( is used to save the contents of a [text] obj, can the max file line length be set via a message? Or is that a hardcoded system constraint?

    When I save text, Pd inserts a LF somewhere around 80 Chars. The [text] edit window itself doesn't impose that length.

    It's not a huge issue, since a semicolon is still works as end-of-line character. But it would be nice if that were configurable...

    Thx, DG

    posted in technical issues read more
  • gmoon

    New forum member here (Hi!).

    Don't know if this is useful, but here's a small text input box that uses a symbol box. It needs to be explicitly enabled. It's also all vanilla. I made to simplify inputting patch preset names.

    I know there's a couple cool textbox options here, but using the symbol box seems to work well with Camomile plugins.

    TxBoxII.zip

    txBoxII.png

    posted in abstract~ read more

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!