Hey all -
Attached is a simple CC generator, tied to the MIDI clock.
If your synth is limited to simple LFO, and you want a few more patterns, this helps spruce things up a bit.
Input: MIDI clock & notes. Notes are ONLY used to restart the pattern.
Output: The selected pattern is sent out at the selected rate on the selected CC on the selected channels.
You can change the patterns by altering minVal, maxVal, stretch & pattern values on the UI. Kinda fun just to play with the UI.
Some usage notes -
- You do not need your DSP engine on for this to work. It operates purely in the MIDI & math realm.
- You do, however, need to feed it a MIDI clock.
- You can make minVal > maxVal to invert the pattern.
- The "Beats" parameter simply tells it how many beats it should use before it should repeat the pattern you see.
- "Pattern 8" is just random steps; changing anything picks new random steps.
I'm still a noob at pd, this is only my 3rd or 4th patch. This is pure vanilla, I think. My only 'out there' object is usage of expr.
I allow for multi-channel selection, since my primary usage is for guitar synthesizer. I feed this into 6 different channels on my synth, one per string, for lush sounding processing.
If there is interest for such a utility, I may add the ability to save & load presets. At the moment, I use it mostly during improvisation, so it's fine as-is.
Feedback welcome! Especially if there are things I should have done differently...