The "drumnoodles" is kinda cool. I hope you can hear it. You asked:
Sounds like you added some flams or snare rolls. Im interested how you done it.
If memory serves, in the patch, "fractalmusicnet.pd", I cloned some additional midi outputs. Then, several different outputs were sent on the same midi channel to hydrogen. Hydrogen was loaded with a drumkit called "UltraAcousticKit" which has 32 instruments, including several flams. (I do not recall editing that kit.)
One thing I did do in hydrogen was to ultra-radically humanize the timing - i.e., to 11 on the dial.
In your patch, "fractalmusicnet.pd", for the two clocks, I used different primes for the 'numerators'. Like 7/128 & 5/256 or 31/128 & 51/256, or something like that.
I altered "scalefactor" and "offset" by ear for interesting effect and to bring the drum-parts playing into range.
Zynaddsubfx was loaded with a linearly mapped microtonal tuning called "Genus [3 3 3 5 7 11], expanded hexany 1 3 5 7 9 11"
Genus [3 3 3 5 7 11], expanded hexany 1 3 5 7 9 11
I had <12 instruments defined in zynaddsubfx, some sharing the same midi channels, the only sound output was via the patch and hydrogen, that is to say that I did not "play" anything by hand/keyboard.
I didn't keep very good notes, I was just kinda messing around. LOL
I do really like the Markov rests idea. But as you indicate, there are many areas to explore.
Billy, have you ever played around with a "noise_sphere", or similar?
I got some simple code from Cliff Pickover in the 1990's. One of my friends was interested in "the bible code" and called upon me to investigate some ideas he had. We got the bright idea to digitize the Torah and pass it through a custom-made noise_sphere. With interesting results. LOL He took the results to indicate something tremendously religious for him. Of course, the main structure was due to the language itself, but it looked severely pretty.
There is so much to be investigated! For instance, I plan to do something with shepard's tones. Maybe a scale, a dynamic scale, implemented on the fly in Pd, and tied to a version of the fractal sequencer.
Included here is a screenshot of the placement I used of the 'puck' in the 'room'. The 'puck' was located just above the placed blank 'messages' .