This is my first composition using Pd's data structures, and I found that I enjoyed the process quite a bit, once I got the patch debugged. The experience was a good combination of visual editing with the mouse and text editing with the keyboard. The visual representation worked well for composition in this style. By biggest problem was finding a way to represent in the score all of the things that I wanted to control. Since I wanted to have the score generate the piece, I did not add a couple features, like pitch shifting and voice allocation control, which I would have liked to have.
For more info: