MIDI hotplug support for MacOSX via native CoreMIDI backend is almost ready.
- no need to restart Pd if new MIDI device has been plugged (the problem can't be solved while using PortMidi backed)
- support virtual source and destination devices: "to PureData" and "from PureData" for connection with other software
- supports SysEx messages up to 65536 bytes
- supports simultaneous intermixed SysEx output to several devices (unlike PortMidi backend)
- fixed bug when Midi device name contains curly braces
Here's develop test build with supported MIDI hotplug on MacOSX: