Xmas 2012 was pretty good.
I still had never heard of Pure Data or OSC.
I was still productive, just getting my computer booted for emails, sound and video editing etc.

And then it happened.
I was asked for a complete wireless stage monitoring system with control by the musicians, and the manufacturers for the professional market had nothing to offer at that time.

Data flow programming was made for me. I love it, and I cannot leave it alone.
I might not be very good at it, but I no longer do anything else.

Anyway, here is the current state of the project, for anyone who might find it useful.
It took longer to get around to writing the manual than it did to write the patches.
It is a fairly extreme example of the power of dynamic patching.
The patch is always dynamically built to the specification required.
There is some dynamic patching while it is running..... to change input and output routing.

The pronounced demise of extended forced an attempt at compliance with vanilla.
Every problem was resolved except the cookbook calcs for [biquad~] and I gave up and forgot about the conversion to Vanilla..
I had even built a dynamically created abstraction to replace [matrix~] from the cyclone library.

But now the ggee library is available through Deken for 64-bit Pd...
The Vanilla version has not been so extensively tested as the Extended version.

Minx could be used by a band for headphone monitoring in rehearsal too.
If you add a multitrack recorder/player it could be used for solo practice and a virtual soundcheck as well.
Anyway, here it is in its current state.

Extended...... Minx Extended.zip
Vanilla (requires ggee library)..... Minx Vanilla.zip
The Manual (written for the Extended version but valid for Vanilla)..... Minx Manual and Readme.zip

minx.JPG

Batch files are a good way to start Pd as all the parameters can be set for the project.
They are not absolutely necessary, but your patch can be opened with different settings for different situations.

I have put a demo SCENE file (for 10 inputs / six outputs) and a demo TRACKS file so you can see it working straight away.
I have included only one short track so as to reduce download bloat...... the Manual is already more than twice as big as the patch....!

If you don't want to use TouchOSC then I am sure the remote controls can be built with Mobmuplat.
If you don't have a soundcard with 10 inputs and 6 outputs you will see some "connection failed" messages in the terminal...... but they are unimportant....... the patch will just be working for the inputs and outputs that you have.

David.