@jancsika said:

Searching for "biquad" does turn up biquad~ help, but the problem is that the help patch illustrates nothing about calculating filter coefficients.

Try the search again using the settings I gave in the comment under the issue you added to the tracker.

Seen that, thanks.

That Purr-Data for Mac doesn't support GEM is, unfortunately, a deal-breaker.

I'm not sure what your original terms were. Are you in search of

1. the most suitable software
  2. the most suitable free/open source software
  3. the most suitable gratis software
  4. something else?

Pd-vanilla plus a few specific external libraries will meet the needs of that course. Purr Data's GUI is more attractive, and the zoom feature is extremely useful in the classroom, but these are not critical. The ability to use GEM or Ofelia on Mac, Windows and Linux platforms is critical for me.

I suppose really "the most suitable software" is Ableton Live + Max4Live. But I can't in good conscience require students to use a specific commercial software package when I know, practically speaking, most of the students here will not pay for it. So FLOSS is preferable, yes.

But that's not really relevant to the comment. The point is that Purr Data is, unfortunately, not currently suitable for multimedia on an OS platform that is widely used for digital arts, while Pd-vanilla is.

hjh