First apologies for the messy lines I created this abstraction when I first dipped my toes into Pd.
So I'm working on the last feature of the sample editor for OverBlast and I haven't been able to find anything on time stretching using soundfiler and or phasor Everything i have been finding most likely has to do with only changing the pitch. Originally the pitch slider did only that changed the pitch. I had the idea of using the slider to use it for time stretching. So basically what is happening in this abstraction is I am dividing the bpm by 1000 to make it a smaller decimal to handle for the pitch slider. Only I am not sure if this is the right way to go about it. :/ I'm pretty sure there is a bunch of math that I'm missing. I feel like I still have to take into account of the total sample length of whatever is in [soundfiler] for some type of calculation to then set the pitch that I'm not to keen with. Math is not a strong suite of mine.
This dose adjust the rate at which the sample plays but when I play the sample manually along side of a sequence. The sequence always seams a bit faster. Ill admit my timing is not the best but I can tell something is not jiving right.
I'm hoping someone can suggest any components to use that do time stretching. I'm all ears.
I would like to mention anyone who would allow me to use their components or has helped with the development along the way will receive a honorable mention in the public build. When the time comes of course.
I made a lot of corrections and I have the lines separated now and things are cleaned up a bit more. But now I am running into a issue where at the top of the text file always starts with a string of 0's and not the string that was first added using [add(. Its like the last added string always goes to the top or something its odd.
I tried playing with the count object in the first screen shot thinking it had to start at 0 but that didnt work.. Even tho in the screen shot shows it should start counting at 1 it seams to be either overwriting to 0 still or as I mentioned in the above paragraph whatever is last always ends up at the top of the file. How can I correct this?
If anyone can lend a pair of eyes on this abstraction it would be much appreciated,
I am building a text file to be later used with [text define -k $0-sequences]
The abstraction kind of works. but all of the information is one long line instead of each 16 digits separated line by line.
I also get this in the console.
$2: argument number out of range
$2: argument number out of range
$3: argument number out of range
$4: argument number out of range
$5: argument number out of range
$6: argument number out of range
$7: argument number out of range
$8: argument number out of range
$9: argument number out of range
$10: argument number out of range
$11: argument number out of range
$12: argument number out of range
$13: argument number out of range
$14: argument number out of range
$15: argument number out of range
$16: argument number out of range
$17: argument number out of range
This abstraction builds the text file by iterating through all of the possible sequences text files and using [add( message creates a "Master" sequence file which is displayed in the second screenshot.
Side Note*** I sometimes have to push the "Save Active Pat" button twice for it to work.
I have the metronome working as I like now. I can play multiple programmed sequences from [text define].
a few more bugs and I will be able to focus on something else. Oh it will be a good day.
For any body that is interested here is the modified fully functional metronome.
I tried to use the float in this variation but I'm not hearing any sound. If i change the number atom in OBPlayPadSample and click the [Play( message manually I can hear the sound. I don't think the float is getting triggered.
There it is!.
I have a few questions.
- I know how to open and load a text doc with [textfile] but I don't know how to open a text file then populate it to [text define]. My guess is using [textfile] with [text define -k $0-sequence] inside of the abstraction and magically the text file will populate whatever is loaded into [textfile]? How do I open and load a text file to [text define]?
I cant get over how efficient pd is so I have cleaned up my previous OBSaveSequence abstractions to make it easier to look at.
- Secondly concerning my OBSaveSequence abstraction. New toggle states are being written but I have to click the save pattern button twice. I should mention the save button/bang is connected to the second inlet.
obsavesequence is inside the obpatternsequence abstraction. Figured I should provide both.
I'm not sure if the problem is the above abstraction or this one. I don't know whats wrong any sort of insight will help here.
- Lastly I slightly modified your abstraction to accommodate my needs and I cant figure out how to get the line number of the banged step. I would like to use it as a float connected to the first inlet of this abstraction to trigger the loaded sound.
Below is your slightly modified metronome.
I do see the atom above [sel 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16( changing from 1 to 16 while the metronome is on but still all of the bng's are being activated. in theory they should bang in sequence of the current step inside of the metronome abstraction.