• mcindafizzy

    Greetings,

    I have constructed a little sequencer that I'm using to playback sample data that I've loaded. Currently I'm just using [tabplay~] to playback the audio stored in an array.

    However, if I start playing that sample again before the first instance of the sample was completed, the remaining sound in the sample is simply ignored.

    For example, imagine I have a sample that lasts a certain length of time: [---------]

    If I play that sample back to back far enough apart, everything is fine:
    [---------] [---------]

    If I play that sample back to back close together, the first sample playback gets cutoff:
    [-----[---------]

    Whereas what I really want is something more like:
    [---------]
    [---------]

    I imagine this is a common issue working in PD - can someone fill me in on the common solution? Is there some kind of audio buffer I should be using so that the the beginning of the second playback mixes in with the end of the first playback?

    Thanks.

    Matt

    posted in technical issues • read more
  • mcindafizzy

    Thanks. I will give that approach a try. I'm just very surprised that there is not some centralized buffering approach to this problem.

    I'll try to remember to post back when I get it working and mention if I ended up finding a more concise method, or if I just went with the multiple [tabplay~]s. I don't know very much about PD so I'm struggling with a lot of this stuff...

    posted in technical issues • read more
  • mcindafizzy

    I could see that working if I had a bounded set of samples that might play in a given time, but based on the tempo, the number of necessary tabplay~'s would go up and down....in fact I'm not even sure what a max number would be but I could see 8 of them being necessary when the tempo is very high. Is this really how this situation is handled generally in PD?

    I figured there would be an intermediate buffer or something so that the sample could just write a copy of itself to the buffer every time its triggered which would prevent the sample from getting cutoff by following triggers....

    posted in technical issues • read more
Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!