• ccorcos

    I'm quite new to pd so I'm totally in over my head right now.

    I have a simple patch that computes a 8192 sample FFT from the [adc~] thats smoothed using a hann window: audio.pd

    I have an audio-rate signal of the 8192 FFT coming out and now what I want to do is pull out the amplitude of a specific frequency during each buffer.

    I tried looking into [delread~] and [delwrite~] but that doesn't appear to do what I want.

    In the end, what want to do is recreate this audio visualization I made using p5.js with pg and Gem.

    Given the nyquist frequency is 44100 Hz / 2 = 22050 Hz, I can get the amplitude for a specific frequency by getting sample of the buffer at the round(freq / 22050 * 8192) index.

    Anyways, I hope that makes sense. Thanks for any help!

    posted in technical issues • read more
  • ccorcos

    I see. So the hot-cold, left-right right ordering is more integral to pd than I realized. I suppose it makes sense from a technical perspective, but it means there's more to think about! Thanks a lot for the response. This really clarified some things for me.

    posted in technical issues • read more
  • ccorcos

    Hey there, I recall from the tutorial that pd uses depth-first when triggering signals and thats what [trigger] is for. Well I'm trying to read keyboard input and I'm piecing together a message that gets passed to [route] but I'm having all kinds of trouble.

    When I press a key using this patch, the keydown parameter is late. That is the first message is "shift 0" and the second message is "shift 1".

    Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.04.38 PM.png

    The next thing I tried is to use trigger on the right (cold) input to pack. However, now I'm receiving duplicate messages. I get "shift 0" "shift 1" when pressing and then "shift 1", "shift 0" when I let go.

    Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.07.23 PM.png

    A pragmatic solution that seems to work is simply reordering things and using the message box to select the other elements.

    Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.09.18 PM.png

    This works as expected. The result is "shift 1", "shift 0".

    But I'm still a bit confused. I'd imagine that in a more complicated program, this sort of refactoring might not be possible. Or it might be hard to find or debug. So I'm wondering, is there a way to get this all to work without switching the order of the arguments going into pack?

    Thanks!

    posted in technical issues • read more
Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!