• Arielsch

    Hello everyone!

    First of all, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Ariel and i'm from Argentina. I study composition using electroacoustic methods. We had a subject on max programing and I've recently switched to PD. Unfortunately, I don't own a Mac and work on Windoze. So you can already figure why I'm looking for support, ha.

    Well, I'm trying to make an interface from a generic usb joystick to send midi messages; nothing complicated. HOWEVER, [hidin] seems to dislike my joystick and won't recognize buttons nº 1 to 8. It does recognize de arrows, analogs, select, start and the analog buttons.

    I downloaded the external [joystick] but, guess what? It recognizes everyhing else BUT not the arrows.

    I'm trying to keep the patch as simple as possible, so I'd love to make [hidin] work. Besides, when I choose the joystick from the available HIDs in [hidin], it says it has 44 inputs, but it only recognizes a few (listed above).

    As you can see, from my experience with [joystick], all the buttons actually work (I've also tested it on games). So I can't figure out why [hidin] isn't recognizing some of them.

    I hope you guys can help me! I'd really appreciate it!

    Yours sincerely,

    Ariel.

    P.S: Please excuse my terrible english.

    posted in technical issues • read more
  • Arielsch

    Hey Shankar, thanks for replying!

    What you're saying is true, but what puzzles me is that all the buttons are received by PD, but by diferent objects! Besides, I tried using programs like Xpadder or Joy to Key and they read the joystick perfectly. So I'm thinking there proably is a way to work around [hidin] that maybe I'm not understanding (since I'm new to PD).

    Of course I will try out getting a better controler. But it would be great if I could make this one work, since I'm working with a friend, dis-assembling the joysticks and making powerful controllers (and it would be better if the joysticks are cheap, since we sometimes...screw up)

    Anyway, thank you!

    posted in technical issues • read more
Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!