• ababa

    I am trying to send information from Processing to Pure Data via OSC to trigger various sounds. I have set up a basic communication between Processing and Pure Data using OSC. Below you can see part of the OSC code integration in my Processing code.

    OscMessage myMessage = new OscMessage("/test");
    if (currentRipple >= numRipples) {
    currentRipple = 0;
    myMessage.add(1);
    oscP5.send(myMessage, myRemoteLocation);
    } else{
    myMessage.add(0);
    oscP5.send(myMessage, myRemoteLocation);
    }
    }

    In Pure Data I am using the dumpOSC, OSCroute and unpack objects. This works fine so far and the numbers 1 and 0 are printed in Pure Data if the processing code is true or false. The Problem I am having is when I try and create a new instance of 'OscMessage myMessage = new OscMessage("/test");' to send information from other interactions in the processing code which are happening at the same time. I just get an error in Pure Data stating the following:

    error: unpack: type mismatch
    "test2" 0: 2

    Does anyone have any experience with unpacking multiple messages from OSC sent from Processing?

    Any help would greatly be appreciated.

    posted in technical issues • read more
Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!