Hello, I'm currently working on a patch for pure data, so that I can use my Gladiator VST with a more mouse free approach. I am programing this patch to work with osculator inside Ableton Live.
The first thing I did was I made two buttons on my midi controller increment and decrement the first wave form in Gladiator (Osc1 Wave). Researching people trying to do this same thing for the tempo control in Ableton, I was able to find a patch that did this by making use of the moses object. So briefly, what each button is doing is sending to PD from Osculator and then incrementing or decrementing the moses object and then sending information back to Osculator through one midi message (ctlout 1 1). This message is than sent to Ableton and the Gladiator VST.
This has been working pretty great, and I'm fairly pleased, but there are some fine tunings I need to do in order to get it perfect. The Osc1 Wave slider goes up from 0 to 1000, and oddly, there are only 163 waveforms. So from 163 to 1000, the waveform just stays at waveform 163. When I first map [midi 1 1] in osculator to Osc1 Wave in gladiator, as I increment and decrement with my midi control, the intervals are by 16, which is bad because I skip 15 waveforms or so with every interval. To reduce this interval, I set the min and max of the midi message 1 in Ableton (which holds gladiator vst) from 0.0 - 1.0 to 0.0 - 0.17. This has made my interval mostly 1, with the occasional 2, skipping a waveform.
Ex: 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, etc.
I have done some research in an effort to solve this problem which I believe has something to do with translating/scaling the standard 127 midi range to a different range. I have messed around with strings such as:
but had little luck, and I'm not sure if this would even be in the same realm as my problem.
I'm attaching my osc and pd files, let me know if anything is unclear.