I think I've read everything there is out there on this subject on mailing lists, forums, etc., but I'm so sad that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere that I just have to ask again. Is anyone still trying to get wacom intuos3 tablets working in pure data on mac os x?

I understand the problems, to a certain extent (e.g. wacom's whacked driver), although I'll freely admit that my low-level technical knowledge leaves off after a certain point. But it seems like it's so close. The wacom driver doesn't work with hid, but does work with various other mac os x software (e.g. photoshop), so I wonder how it might be possible to hijack the events these other programs are using...

Sorry, maybe I'm being too optimistic, but there's one particular project I'm working on where getting x/y, pressure, distance, tilt_x/tilt_y data would be so perfect it's beyond belief... far better than a wii. I'd be willing to put quite a bit of work into getting this done, so if there's anyone working on this and there's any way I can help, let me know.

Thanks,
Alex