I'm new to Pd and I'm not very good at it yet but I was asked to try to design a Surround Sound panner.

It needs to have 8 chs in and 8 chs out
It needs to have a human interface device that controls where the sound is panned to.

So far I designed 8 sets of 8 volume sliders that each get an input and then pan it. I'm attempting to make a set of overall volume for each output and then and overall panner for all outputs and then an individual panner for each input that panns it to the 8 outputs. Also I want mutes through-out the patch in case...

I'm going to start all over and trash what i have now since i think I'm doing it very ineffieicent.

I want to see if anyone can give me some pointers on how to do some of the hard parts like make a graphical object that gives me XY and receives a variable from a joystick or mouse or w/e I want. Also I need to figure out a formula for adding and subtracting from the volume sliders as the XY changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

So far this monstrosity is what i have created. None functional and held together witrh duct tape.

http://www.pdpatchrepo.info/hurleur/SurroundMain.pd