This library overrides Pd's f, i, and binop objects to give them a couple of extra features:
- A creation arg that ends with an exclamation point tells the object to loadbang the result. The loadbang occurs either upon instantiation or when a patch initially opens, depending on which version of Pd you're running.
- [ f 5! ] outputs 5 as a loadbang
- [ - 8! ] sets the 2nd inlet to 8 and outputs -8 as a loadbang, since the calculation would be 0 minus 8.
- [ + 1 2 ] sets the 1st and 2nd inlets respectively
- sending a bang to the 1st inlet would output 3
- [ / 1 4! ] outputs 0.25 as a loadbang
- Binop objects also have the following additional methods:
- [ f2 $1 ( - sets the 2nd inlet.
- [ . $1 ( - sets the 2nd inlet and outputs the result of the calculation.
Note: Older versions of Pd don't support the overriding of built-in objects, so for the sake of backward compatibility, the objects have an additional creator method with the general rule being to put a grave accent ( ` ) in front of the object's name (ex: [`f ], [`+ ], [`- ], etc. )