I'm happy to announce the first stable release of vstplugin~, a cross-platform Pd external for using VST plugins in Pd.
Binaries are already available on Deken.
The repository also includes a version for Supercollider called VSTPlugin (which works very differently but achieves the same thing).
The overall design and functionality of vstplugin~ v0.1.0 is the same as in vstplugin~ v0.1-alpha, but there are some breaking changes and new features! Have a look at the change log in https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/releases
Source code: https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/tree/master
- use any VST plugin (audio effect, MIDI effect, soft synth etc.)
- search and probe plugins in the standard VST directories or in user defined paths
- automate plugin parameters programmatically
- use either the native VST GUI (WIN32, Cocoa, X11) or a generic editor
(NOTE: the VST GUI doesn't work [yet] for SuperCollider on macOS)
- preset management: read/write standard .fxp and .fxb files or
set/get the plugin state as raw data to build your own preset management
- MIDI input/output
- basic sequencing support (for arpeggiators, sequencers etc.)
NOTE: currently only VST2.x plugins are supported but VST3 support will come soon!
64bit VST plugins can only be loaded with the 64bit version of [vstplugin~] / VSTPlugin.scx and vice versa.
See the help files (vstplugin~-help.pd and VSTPlugin.schelp) for detailed instructions.
If possible, please report any issues or feature requests to https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/issues