Hi.

First off, my 0.38-extended works perfectly.

I've been messing around with the settings and .plist file in Pd all morning now, and I just can't get the auto-built Mac OS X 10.4 Intel version of Pd-extended to work properly. No matter how I seem to set up my paths and plist file(s), Pd spits out:
cyclone: can't load library
zexy: can't load library
creb: can't load library
cxc: can't load library
ggee: can't load library
iemlib: can't load library
etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure someone here would have seen this before? What do I do to fix it?

The closest to a hint I've gotten is "/Applications/Pd-0.40.3-extended-20070831.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-0.40.3-extended-20070831.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found: _pdp_gensym
Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-0.40.3-extended-20070831.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/pidip.pd_darwin
Expected in: dynamic lookup"

What's dynamic lookup in 0.4?

I'm also getting a few weird
"class_addmethod: 0x11de660
consistency check failed: class_addmethod: text2d_string: bad argument types"
type messages. they seem to have something to do with GEM? (text2d_string, text3d_string, textextruded_string, GEMglProgramStringARB_string, etc)

Do I just need to compile it myself for it to work? In that case, why?
Am I missing libs or some kind of dependencies for 0.4?

Do I need to set up proper paths, "helppaths", look-up dirs, or something like that?

I saw that the first path, and the -helppath dir in the settings pointed to a non-existent directory called /Library/Pd, so I tried to set up symlinks from my /Applications/Pd.../blah/blah/extras type directories (externals, and main "resources" dir) to /Library/Pd, but it didn't help.

Something else that was interesting was that if I saved the settings and created a ~/Library/Preferences/org.puredata.pd.plist file; and this file referred tried to make Pd load, e.g. markex. Then instead of loading *.pd_darwin in the folder markex, it instead (in verbose mode) tried to load markex/markex.pd_darwin (which doesn't exist).

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards
Olle