i've seen many explanations on how to start gem. i've also seen many explanations that aren't related to actually teaching someone NEW how to use basic functions. . . . .

basically, i just want a simple batch formula for windows (that works) in which i can call up Gem. . . . i would imagine that there would not be multiple answers to this question, but for some reason there are - ???

now, yes, i'm a newbie. but i'm not altogether interested in the C language or the C engine, because i'm trying to use pure data for the GEM function (not for music), which i wanted to use in conjunction with the Rutt/Etra patch. . . .

it would not serve my purpose to waste 6 months learning a language just so i can create a batch to access the software so i can spend another 6 months working on the actual art. . .

as it is, i've seen something that would otherwise be brought to together into a simple solution become mangled for reasons that i don't want to get into. . .

the reality is that such obscurity kills art, and i would assume that's what people use pure data and max/msp for. . . . .

i am using windows, cause i don't have much money. . . . most of the REAL programs that employ Rutt/Etra are on the MAC OSX platform. . . . which means wasting another 6 months saving up money to reconfigure my whole artistic set up to MAC. . . .

i mean, is it much to ask to make things simple from time to time?