I'm organizing a digital art residency this summer up at Teachers College, Columbia University. I would love it if some of you could apply! Feel free to contact me directly with any questions, or if you're interested in stopping by to check out the atelier.
Cheers,
Stephanie

2009 EdLab Digital Art Residency
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 19, 2009

The EdLab Digital Art Residency (EDAR), hosted at the Gottesman Libraries (Teachers College, Columbia University), aims to explore and build upon the ways people access and understand information across a broad range of technologies. The goal of the residency is to engage in research and development of creative projects that challenge our community to reflect on the impact of digital culture. With this in mind, successful EDAR applicants will be fluent in innovative applications of media and technology. EdLab encourages applications from creative professionals in fields such as engineering, computer science, and media arts.

EDAR awards selected artists $4,000 to conduct innovative research leading to possible public outcomes including seminars, public discussion and exhibition. Additional funding may be available to support equipment, travel, and housing expenses. Invited residents are expected to work on-site at Teachers College, Columbia University during the residency period (June 15 - August 14, 2009).

Applications from practitioners exploring one or more of the following topics are especially encouraged:

* Graphical visualizations of data relevant to library systems, including how people use the physical building and the flow of library resources (digital and physical)
* Site-specific interactive displays
* New ways to derive meaning from Teachers College's historical collections and information databases
* Educational projects exploring the intersection of art and technology

For more information, visit: http://edlab.tc.columbia.edu/edar/

Contact information: Stephanie Hunt, edlab@tc.columbia.edu