Hello,

Where does PD store the user prefs in Vista?? They seem to be written to the registry at the location below, but those values don't seem to be used when PD loads?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Pd

My guess is that PD saves the user prefs somewhere else *IN ADDITION TO* that spot in the registry which is probably used for XP.

The long story:

I was working on a copy of PD-extended on Vista that crashed on start up after a bad edit to the start-up flags through the PD interface.

I was able to restart PD (without it crashing) by starting it from the command line using the -noprefs flag to ignore the user specified init flags.

I made changes to the start-up flags via the PD GUI and saved the new user prefs, but I've lost the PD-extended configuration. (The whole point of using PD-extended..)

I've tried uninstalling PD-exteneded and re-installing, and resetting the registry via the .reg file distributed with PD-extended. It successfully modifies the registry, but PD seems to ignore those entries. (I make changes in PD and save them but no changes appear in the registry?!)

Many thanks for any light you could shed on this...