I hope anyone can help me out here.. I am by the way a newbie in PD, but have used Max/MSP for some time.

I have a couple of problems with PD when it comes to the sound part. I am running OSX on a G5, with a Digidesign digi002 rack as main sound card. The thing is, that i can´t get sound even when I run the "Test Audio and MIDI" patch from "Media", nor can I see anyhting happening in the boxes under "pd ------ audio-----"; it 0 all the way. This is with the digi002 soundcard. The same thing happens when I run the digi002 sound driver through JackOSX (so, the sound card i select in other words is Jack). On the other hand, MIDI in and out seems to work with digi002. Of course, I have also tried with the built-in sound card, and I have also tried with another sound card I got (M-Audio Ozone), and I get sound with both! Thanks a lot if anyone can give a hand on trying solving what´s wrong and how to fix it!

Also, I have another problem, when I open a new patcher, and want to create a sound object, it won´t let me write ~ ! I have tried to write the same, the same way in TextEdit, Max/MSP, and it works fine there, but not in PD. Also, it won´t let me copy and paste! If anyone knows anything about this issues, thanks!
Hanstein