Woblay is a stereo vibrato effect. It contains a left and a right section, with a link toggle which makes the right follow the left controls. Each section contains 3 sets of two controls (being frequency (F) and frequency-multiplier (oX)), with each set having different values. In the middle is a feedback slider (fbk). This feedbacks the right output to the left input and vice versa. It adds some kind of phasing.
Each section also contains a time (T) slider which will smoothly evolve the change of parameters.

There are no presets yet, but what i do is :

• enable link
  • choose some values left (right will follow)
  • slightly change the right values (a bit more or less)
  • turn up the feedback

Its sounds range from mild boards-of-canada-like vibrato (on synths e.g.) -> total mashup of beats.

To use it just copy the controls and the [pd woblay] subpatch into your own and connect input at top, output at the bottom.

Have fun,

Domien

This is a slightly improved (i guess) version with the following changes :

• graphical : it's now visually indicated which slider (freq / oscX) has been last selected.
  • functional : added a random slider to the right section. When link is on, the right counterpart will be randomized according to the selected amount
  • functional : time sliders are now also linked
  • functional : added some patch initialization

There's a serious amount of overhead now in the patch and people might ask why i have not implemented some parts using abstractions. That is because i like patches to be self-containing and therefore easily reusable by just copy/pasting a sub-patch/GUI from one patch to another, without worrying about missing abstractions.

Have fun,

Domien

http://www.pdpatchrepo.info/hurleur/WOBLAY.SA.pd